Covid-19 Guidance for the
Greenwich Tour Guides Association
In these uncertain and difficult times it is understandable that you might have concerns about taking a guided tour.
Please rest assured that your health and safety is paramount. If you take a tour with the Greenwich Tour Guides Association you will be in extremely capable hands.
The GTGA guides will comply with the following guidance:
1. Our guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour. They will adhere to government advice in relation to group size and make up.
2. Our guides will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times.
On tours where the group includes different households, guides will help clients adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
3. Guides will not be shaking hands or have any other physical contact with their clients.
4. Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly washing and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use of personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
5. Guides will be making use of PPE (visor and/or mask)
as appropriate and according to industry norms.
6. Guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
7. Our guides are experts in the tourist sites and the area of the visit. Guides will ensure they are fully aware of sites' specific Covid-19 requirements and will comply with them.
8. Our guides are familiar with the more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if appropriate, avoid them.
9. Where appropriate, guides will liaise with coach companies and private vehicle companies and drivers to ensure vehicles have been thoroughly sanitised.
10. Guides will happily work with tour companies using remote audio devices where appropriate,and if thorough sanitisation can be assured.
1st August 2020